Cable Jointers Mate
Do you want to work for a growing family owned multi utilities business?
Connect It Utility Services Limited are looking to recruit a Jointers Mate to support our existing Jointers in the Oxford area.
Working for a DNO, you will work as a two man team, supporting a cable jointer to deliver to our Customers across the south of England. You will be the primary driver for the team and also the safety person, the eyes and ears on the overall works taking place. The ability to work on your own initiative, whilst following prescribed procedures is key but critically, working safely is a must.
So, what will you bring to the role?
- Ideally you will already be working as a Jointers Mate with a proven track record in this field.
- You have a good knowledge of working in an on site construction, where you will be used to working in all weathers.
- An appreciation of the electrical industry and that of dead and live jointing.
- A high regard and demonstrated competency for safe working, ensuring risk assessments are completed and the correct PPE is worn.
- You’ll be an organised team member with a ‘can do’ attitude, delivering top quality communication skills as you deal with the public and external clients alike.
- With an eye for detail, you will be able to support the jointer to use a smart device as a way of keeping detailed and accurate records of your work.
- Hold EUSR Shea Power.
- Hold full clean driving license as you will be the primary driver of a van with the Jointer.
- Hold a first aid qualification.
We keen to develop our teams to progress through their careers. Once you have attained the skills of a mate it’s possible that we can provide you with additional skills and knowledge within our inhouse training school.
It’s a move you won’t regret.
From Our Team
“Joining Connect It has been a great experience for me, there was a lot for me to learn but I was surrounded by people who wanted me to succeed in my new job role”