Job vacancy - IT Help Desk Support
Our IT team is growing! Do you enjoy working with colleagues to help with their IT queries? Are you able to identify and resolve workspace hardware and software issues and love a good challenge where work is varied? Then this job could be for you!
Job location: Foundation House, Hedge End, Southampton
The role will be responsible for:
What will role involve?
- To be the first point of contact for IT related queries which will come via face to face questions, email, or by telephone. Ensure these are logged and be confident in resolving those issues or escalating where required, providing excellent customer service – try to resolve at the point of enquiry – a first call fix approach. Support and coach/train users who may not be fully computer literate to ensure their queries are resolved.
- Help develop and provide first line diagnostic support, incident prioritisation, categorisation, recording of resolution and closure information in line with the Company IT Security management process, ensuring all queries are resolved and accurate records maintained in a timely manner.
- Organise for the new set up and build of tablets/laptop’s/desktops and mobile phone issue, liaising with internal and external parties as required, ensuring any telephone numbers are updated on systems and communicated around the business. Support any office reorganisations and setting up new equipment.
- Maintain the Company ID and Parking permit systems, ensuring badges are made available for all requirements
- Support in the allocation and installation of direct dial phones, working with our external software suppliers.
- Maintain the Company asset registers, ensuring all purchases are registered before issue.
- To promote best practice with IT and Security initiatives and constantly look for improvements and ideas that will benefit the company.
- To support team colleagues with other IT and Security matters as the company requires.
- Contribute and maintain the departments SLA’s/KPI targets.
- Ensure Connect It’s IT and Security Policies and Procedures are maintained, whilst contributing to these to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensure legal responsibilities that govern the use of IT systems including hardware, software, data protection and security are maintained and escalate any queries or issues.
Qualifications and experience:
Ideally you will have experience in
- Using and configuring Microsoft Operating Systems, Teams, plus ability to learn and work with our internal software systems Boris and Salesforce as required
- Microsoft Office troubleshooting, Active directory, Office 365 administration
- Ability to work with and communicate with people at all levels, delivering a friendly, patient and enthusiastic service
- Previous helpdesk experience
- Educated to degree level in relevant field.
- A willingness to get stuck in and learn as we are a growing company so we would like you to grow with us.