Job vacancy - MU Project Manager
Are you looking to join a growing company focussed on success? At Connect It we are extending our Multi Utility (MU) Project Management team and recruiting a further MU Project Manager, who has a proven track record in safely delivering multiple gas, water and power installation projects across the South of England and is ideally based within the central Southern areas (Hampshire/Dorset/Surrey/Sussex/Wiltshire/Berkshire).
Job location: Mobile role Central South Coast
The role will be responsible for:
What will the role be doing?:
- Planning and delivering Multi utility projects to our national developer clients, ensuring that standards of delivery and health and safety on site are of the highest level.
- Ensuring work is booked on our internal software but most importantly ensuring works are ready and available to begin, clearly briefed to teams via setting to work processes, monitored during delivery and completed to a high standard, to time and budget.
- Working for the Senior Project Manager, collaboratively with fellow Project Managers sharing expertise, you will deliver a service to the highest standard in order to meet the needs of our customers’, by providing advice and resolving site related issues in a timely manner.
- Contribute relevant processes to maintain and improve efficiencies including programming of work, work performance, materials and equipment deployment.
- Develop an excellent relationship with our customers on site, ensuring our great reputation is maintained and enhanced and liaise with relevant parties to achieve great results.
- Conduct site audits and inspections of the company’s operational staff and their activities and contribute to annual competency reviews. Ensure any competency gaps are identified and work with HR to put in place actions to resolve.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and specifications as required (GIRS/WIRS/NERS)
- Develop and manage teams to build strong, cohesive teams who are open to extending the range of knowledge and responsibilities.
Qualifications and experience:
- Strong experience in the installation and/or supervision of a range of Gas, Water and electric activities, demonstrated by having held DNO authorisations currently or in the past and NCO/CABWI Gas/Water qualifications.
- Excellent understanding of the safety requirements and operational procedures required to work within the relevant sectors.
- Excellent understanding of CDM regulations and experience of application.
- An appreciation of the civils activities needed to support and deliver our works, working with fellow Project Managers who oversee team activity and oversight of NRSWA processes
- Extensive site based experience with a proven track record of project managing several jobs/teams simultaneously.
- Ideally hold EUSR registration under the Utility Supervisor Scheme.
- Ideally have held CP registration as a Gas craftsperson, SAP authorisations as a Power craftsperson and Senior Competent Person for Water.
- A strong communicator with the ability to build effective stakeholder relationships, alongside developing strong operational delivery teams
- IOSH or similar health and safety qualification and ability to role model desired safety behaviours.
- Excellent line management experience supported ideally by a professional qualification
- An understanding of the legislation and regulations that impact each industry (GIRS/WIRS/NERS)
- Attendance at forums and other industry body or customer meetings to contribute and continue to develop our industry presence and raise awareness.
- Clean driving licence essential as attendance to site is key and a vehicle will be provided for this.
We are looking for a Manager to join us now to hit the ground running, so if you have the right experience and skills please contact us!
We are also looking for a Site Supervisor so please apply if you are interested in this role.