Job vacancy - OHL Project Manager
Are you looking to join a growing company focussed on success? At Connect It we are increasing our Overhead Lines (OHL) Project Management team by recruiting a further OHL Project Manager, who has a proven track record in safely delivering multiple OHL projects across the South of England.
Job location: Southcoast - mobile
The role will be responsible for:
The role is based within Connections teams who are here to help whether our customers are building a single home, housing development, industrial development, generation development or independent distribution network. Our responsibility is to ensure we are able to respond and that is where you fit in. We are looking for someone who can:
- Plan and oversee the delivery of OHL projects (up to and including 33kV)to our DNO client, ensuring that standards of delivery and health and safety on site are of the highest level.
- Book works on our internal software but most importantly ensuring jobs are ready and available to begin, clearly briefed to teams via setting to work processes, monitored during delivery and completed to a high standard, to time and budget.
- Working for the Senior Project Manager, collaboratively with fellow Project Managers sharing expertise, and overseeing linesman teams, you will deliver to meet the needs of our customers’, by providing advice and resolving site related issues in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for the safety of yourself and colleagues, and act as ambassador of our safety culture.
- Contribute to relevant processes, to maintain and improve efficiencies including programming of work, work performance, materials and equipment deployment.
- Develop an excellent relationship with our customers on site, ensuring our great reputation is maintained and enhanced and liaise with relevant parties to achieve great results.
- Conduct site audits and inspections of the company’s operational staff and their activities and contribute to annual competency reviews. Ensure any competency gaps are identified and work with HR to put in place actions to resolve.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and specifications as required (OSR’s)
- Develop and manage colleagues to build strong, cohesive teams who are open to extending the range of knowledge and responsibilities.
Qualifications and experience:
To ensure you get the most from your role you’ll have a sound working knowledge of the electrical distribution industry. Hands on experience and knowledge of operating the LV, 11kV and 33kV network is required.
You’ll be confident managing multiple outputs within the team and you’ll have previous experience of both people and customer management with a proven track record for delivering work safely, on time and within budget.
Ideally, you will be based within the central Southern areas of Hampshire or Sussex areas, although we are open to discussions from those out of these areas.
You will have an embedded safety behaviours and fully understand the safety requirements and operational procedures required to work within the sector.
Be able to deliver within CDM regulations and have a good appreciation of the civils activities needed to support and deliver our works, working with fellow Project Managers who oversee team activity and oversight of NRSWA processes if required.
A large extent of your time will be spent on site so experience with a proven track record of project managing several jobs/teams simultaneously will be key.
- Ideally hold EUSR registration under the Utility Supervisor Scheme.
- Ideally have held SAP authorisation with a DNO.
- A strong communicator with the ability to build effective stakeholder relationships, alongside developing strong operational delivery teams
- IOSH or similar health and safety qualification and ability to role model desired safety behaviours.
- Clean driving licence essential as attendance to site is key and a vehicle will be provided for this.
We are looking for a Manager to join us now to hit the ground running, so if you have the right experience and skills please contact us!