Job vacancy - Senior Quantity Surveyor
The Senior QS is a key member of the Commercial team, who reports into the Commercial Manager. The role is varied, carrying out daily commercial and business management tasks that add value within the heart of the business, working with operational colleagues, whilst utilising and developing your commercial acumen skills. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, growing utilities company, whose focus is on delivering quality projects safely, exceeding customer expectations and delivering the desired margin.
Job location: Connect It Head Office, Foundation House, Hedge End, Southampton
The role will be responsible for:
Within this role you will be working on range of varied Contracts with the Main Business of CIUS including Multi Utility, High voltage Electricity, Electrical vehicle Charging Schemes and a number of Electrical Frameworks. You will focus on the critical internal commercial processes that are required to manage the schemes into profitable positions. Initially, the focus will be on developing new revenue streams via post contract management duties of design and construction methodology changes. Alongside this, you will be supporting the Commercial Manager in team management and the day-to-day management of all aspects of the Main Business Commercial activities. This will include pre and post Contract work as well as internal cost management of labour, plant and materials. Involvement in estimating and calculating elements of schemes and change control will also be a requirement.
- Experienced in and a knowledgeable understanding of the utilities industry.
- Good knowledge of either NEC or JCT contracts (both preferable) and experience managing and administering term Framework Agreements.
- A willingness to engage with other areas of the business and complete tasks that interact with commercial and those other areas including Operations, Finance, Estimating and Technical.
- Ability to independently produce monthly reporting documentation including Applications for Payment, Invoices and any necessary notification documentation required.
- Carry out supply chain management duties including procurement and post Contract administration and management of the supply chain.
- Have experience of managing a team or individuals and be in a position to pick up management of the commercial and administration team.
- Experience in producing forecasts, cash flows and debt accounts.
- Ability to administer debt accounts and liaise with debtors to ensure revenue is secured.
- Proficient in reading drawings, specifications, contracts and programmes.
- Attend site meetings and visit sites as necessary to produce quotations and assistant with management (driving licence is a must).
Qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrate a proven track record of strong commercial and financial knowledge and how different aspects of utility schemes will impact on the profitability of the Works involved.
- Have excellent communication/influencing and organisational skills and above all, being prepared to be part of the team is a necessity.
- Demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft, project management and financial management software as use is on a daily basis.
- Have a desire to grow with the company into a more senior role.
- Hold a qualification in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management and or a similar Utility, Civils or Construction profession, alternatively, proven job role experience at the required level will be considered.
- Demonstrate the achievement, or be motivated to continue working towards development and obtaining professional and/or chartered status.
- Be a person who is driven to deliver, a ‘can do’ achiever who can take the initiative to help, innovate and is prepared to recognise change and manage it through to completion.
- Deliver tasks with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with excellent time management skills.
- Be able to work flexibly, whilst maintaining requirements of the task.
- Hold a full UK driving license
If this role sounds like what you are looking for, make contact now, its a move you won’t regret.