Job vacancy - Light Commercial Vehicle Technician
Keen to keep the wheels moving for our operational teams?
We are looking to recruit a Light Commercial Vehicle Technician to work alongside our current Technicians at our fully fitted workshop based at our 40,000 sq. ft Head Office and Distribution centre in Hedge End, Southampton. Our continued growth of the business following the successful contract awards from SSEN as well as national developers means our fleet and plant are growing.
Job location: Foundation House, Hedge End, Southampton
The role will be responsible for:
We want to ensure safe outcomes for our people and therefore it’s critical that our technicians are fully qualified and experienced to service and maintain our vans, class 1 vehicles and range of plant.
Ideally, you will be experienced and knowledgeable in your craft, having worked in the multi-utilities industry (or similar) with a strong focus on safety. Educating our teams is also key as you set the standard that they will follow. So, what is the detail?
- Role modelling the right organisational behaviours that demonstrate a strong commitment to vehicle and driving safety.
- To maintain the fleet, conducting service inspections and repairs as required. This will mainly be at the depot, but onsite repair may be required.
- Install trackers and other additional items as requested so that appropriate data can be tracked by vehicle.
- Ordering of parts and ensure stock levels are maintained of key items as appropriate.
- To carry out risk assessments and maintain safe working practices.
- Report hazards and defects that are not able to be rectified in house.
- Keep up to date with best practice working processes and methods.
Qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrate a good record of mechanical experience either as a mechanic, plant fitter, or plant technician.
- Be able to operate handheld mobile equipment to record works and data information.
- Hold a clean driving licence as attendance to other locations will be required from time to time. Ideally class 1 qualified with valid CPC.
- Using your own initiative, demonstrate safe working practices.
- City & Guilds or apprentice trained mechanical qualification.
- Take a flexible approach to working hours.
- Educating teams on vehicle maintenance so you need to be a good communicator with ability to portray information at all levels.
- A ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to role model desired safety behaviours.
- Clean driving licence is essential as you may be provided to attend site.
We are looking for this role now to join us and hit the ground running, so if you have the right experience and skills please contact us!