Job vacancy - SHEQ Advisor
Want to further help us embed our great safety culture? If you have proven experience building strong relationships with teams and delivering great on site support and observation in a positive SHEQ capacity then we are interested in hearing from you!
Job location: This is a mobile role working in either our West or Central areas covering Eastbourne through to Southampton and up to Petersfield
The role will be responsible for:
- Carry out a programme of safety audits and inspections, with appropriate escalation, reporting and investigation of any accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Encourage teams (office, stores, site) to be accountable for safety behaviours, identifying when items need maintenance, replacement etc.
- Advising and influencing the business to understand safe working practices, embedding the licence to stop and ensure working practices are appropriate and follow due process to remain compliant with specification, policy and procedure.
- Resolve any safety queries received within the business and ensure learnings are followed through.
- Ensure standards of PPE and equipment are maintained and provide advice as required.
- Monitor and report on safety performance and assist the business to identify areas requiring improvement and development, using company prescribed systems (Boris/Salesforce, Excel)
- Review existing SHEQ performance data and reports and provide updates to management teams and SHEQ Management Review Meetings.
- Maintain safety knowledge and best practices to ensure Connect It remain up to speed.
- Liaise with SHEQ Management and consultants as required.
- Assist in the development and implementation of company systems, programmes and initiatives.
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience of managing a programme of safety audits and dealing with non-conformance in an adult, positive way that encourages improved performance.
- Role model behaviours that influence the desired safety behaviours.
- Experience of performing audits within a utility industry.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the business to gain desired results.
- Ability to manage own workload and time effectively in an autonomous role
- Able to use Microsoft suite (Outlook, Power point, Word and Excel) and other Company systems to record and analyse data.
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills who has a passion for safety excellence.
- Must possess good organisational and written communication skills, with the ability to interface with people at all levels
- A person who is driven to deliver, a ‘can do’ achiever who can take the initiative to see changes through to closure
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office (particularly Outlook, Excel, Word and use of a CRM system
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or qualified by experience and can demonstrate a proven track record.
- EUSR Shea Power
- Driving Licence