Job vacancy - Trainee Site Estimators
Are you looking for a career where you can build your onsite practical installation knowledge, might have just finished university in a construction related or business degree, or just want to use your established skill set to transfer to a mobile site estimation role – then let us know about you! We are looking to speak to candidates who would want to join us in September 2021 and be prepared to work with our existing Site Estimators to learn from their experience and knowledge so we can continue to provide the insightful estimates that our customers rely on.
Job location: Our areas of work are split into three - West Central and East and collectively these are in locations from Eastbourne, across to Yeovil and up towards Basingstoke
The role will be responsible for:
This role will be one where you can apply your existing or newly learned skills in a real life environment. Working with and learning from our established onsite estimating professionals, you will be coached and mentored to learn the skills to be able to attend onsite and accurately provide estimates of civils and power activities. These are exciting opportunities that will build the pipeline for our future estimators or who might want to build on these skills and widen their knowledge in other areas of the business. We are looking for roles to commence in September 2021 so this is an early notice of this intention. Please express an interest sharing your CV and any relevant job or academic experience. Information about the roles is below:
Site Estimators will:
- Receive an assessed quotation scope and then provide a complete pre construction assessment service to ensure all factors have been comprehensively assessed, to specification that meets everyone’s and, above all, the customers’ expectations.
- Ensure that the quotation content is appropriate and robust to the task required and if necessary, provide additional options that enable information and choice to the customer, as well as delivering compliant, quality work and safe outcomes.
- Timely work completion will be key as we have time obligations under the agreed terms of the Contract.
- Competently review drawings, documents, specifications and scopes as needed, to ensure any constraints or risks have been identified
- Identify any potential delays (and advise of mitigation methods) not already accounted for and/or identify alternative methodologies/sequences that improve project delivery
- Communicate with the SSEN Commercial Team to ensure the scope post site survey achieves the framework obligations and ensures the businesses objectives will be met
- Working as a team, regularly communicate with internal and external key stakeholders and third parties to establish optimum, compliant delivery as needed.
- Submit a site report, using our field based tablet and app that provides the Company with enough information to respond on a quotation.
- Provide regular updates as required by the Senior Project Manager i.e. information obtained during site visit, recommendations and actions, number of site visits attended within the time frame required.
- Be an ambassador of the Company and promote the company on site, with members of the public and at meetings.
Qualifications and experience:
In return those successful in gaining this estimation knowledge will
- Learn site civils knowledge and a good understanding of, and appreciation delivering jointing/overhead lines electrical connection works.
- Be able to maintain technical/practical knowledge to ensure the latest procedures, innovations or new ways of working are built into the role to ensure efficiencies are identified and continuous improvement delivered.
- Gain or develop CDM knowledge
- Learn about working within an NEC Contract
- Develop IT skills through using our onsite tablet and app – technology is key to our delivery
- Develop great communication (written and verbal) skills to enable strong stakeholder relationships to grow
- The role will involve driving from site to site so a full UK driving licence is required.
- Hold a relevant degree/HNC qualification or equivalent
We offer an opportunity to work within a new framework contract working with a major DNO, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package. With an ambitious plans for the future, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Connect It is the right place for you.