Job vacancy - Warehouse Manager
We’re in exciting times at Connect It. As a multi utility company based in Southampton but operating across the Central and South of England we are forging ahead with our plans to develop and grow. To support this we are looking for a manager, to manage our logistics activities, based in our 40,000 sq ft Head Office and Warehouse in Hedge End, Southampton.
Job location: Hedge End, Southampton
The role will be responsible for:
- Manage a team within a fast-moving environment.
- Direct line management of staff, including HR policies, recruitment, appraisals and ensuring staff efficiencies.
- Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Work with the Purchasing Officer to ensure volumes, capacity and ‘just in time’ stock management is consistently efficient.
- Oversee Goods In, Goods Out, warehousing, stock control, returns of damaged / wrongly delivered materials, distribution and maintenance operations for the warehouse and yard area.
- Control ‘just in time’ stock levels, ensuring required products are available at all times and materials are quality checked, identified and stored correctly. Conduct stock takes.
- Reconcile deliveries to orders.
Warehouse and Depot management
- Ensure space within the warehouse area is maximised and that items are located easily.
- Supervise pick and pack operation to ensure accurate collation and despatch.
- Work with the Planners / Programmer ? to ensure delivery vehicles are routed to the correct sites / locations ? to minimise downtime and ensure materials are delivered on time.
- Manage and monitor vehicle movements in and out of the yard to ensure a smooth operation and compliance with H&S.
- Manage waste disposal in an efficient and environmentally friendly manner.
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the warehouse and yard.
- Liaise with clients and suppliers to ensure good relations are maintained.
- Liaise with Project Managers and senior staff to ask questions, seek solutions and keep up to speed on progress.
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
- Use the CRM system to ensure all records are maintained and reconciled.
Health & Safety
- Supervise the safe use of the forklifts throughout the site, the compaction and all other machinery, and control the issue and return of gas bottles.
- Manage the warehouse and depot in compliance with company policies including SHEQ, security, quality and other legislative compliance.
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience in warehouse operations and best practice with the ability to implement process improvement initiatives as identified.
- Motivation and organisation to achieve deadlines.
- Confident and competent computer literacy with day to day operational experience of warehouse management software, databases, excel, Teams and email.
- Strong managerial qualities and experience in managing staff.
- Sound decision making and proven problem-solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- An ability to carry out physical work and lead by example.
- Great use of initiative, attention to detail and a desire to complete all jobs to a high standard.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Full clean Driving Licence.
- Forklift Driving Licence is desirable but training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Knowledge of appropriate H&S legislation