Connect It are a growing multi utility company so to help support our success we are looking to expand our Commercial team by recruiting a Commercial Co-Ordinator/Quantity Surveyor. This role will support the business by undertaking a wide range of commercial duties to help deliver a varied range of contracts that focus on the critical internal commercial processes that make our schemes profitable. Including pre and post contract work, you will provide internal cost management analysis of labour, plant and materials and be involved with estimating and calculating variations where required.
Based in our new office and warehouse complex in Hedge End, Southampton, and reporting to the Commercial Manager, the role holder will:
- Have knowledge and or experience in working with Construction/Utility contracts and/or experience administering term Framework Contracts.
- Have experience in helping and or producing monthly reporting documentation including Applications for Payment, Invoices and any necessary notification documentation required.
- Help identify trends in both cost and revenue to aid the development and profitability of the business.
- Have demonstrable understanding of supply chain management duties including procurement and post contract administration and management of the supply chain.
- Hold experience in helping to produce forecasts, cash flows and debt accounts.
- Be able to manage accounts on the company’s Customer Relationship Management system recording transactions and keeping records in a timely manner.
- Be able to administer debt accounts and liaise with debtors to ensure revenue is secured.
- Have a working understanding of specifications, contracts and programmes including the booking of Works and the financial impacts these bookings
The key Skills and attributes we are looking for in this role are:
- Excellent commercial awareness and understanding
- Experience within the construction or utility industry
- Experience of working and ideally negotiating with 3rd parties
- IT literacy including Microsoft Office (Excel is a must) and any relevant CRM or business finances systems
- Great attention to detail
- Self-motivated being able to work independently or various teams.
- Analytical skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks and solving problems
- Can-do attitude and always willing to use own initiative with a proactive mindset
- Effective written and verbal communicator
Educated to at least A level standard, at Connect It, we are looking for the ability and enthusiasm to apply commercial skills in a real environment when the job holder can immediately add value. Currently working in a utilities/construction environment, the ideal candidate will have spent at least two years honing their commercial insight and awareness and will be ready to put these proven skills to the test in a newly created role. Are you up for the challenge? If so, what are you waiting for?