Connect It Utility Services Limited are looking to recruit a further Civil’s team to support our existing civil’s projects across MU work streams in the central and south of England and EV charger point works which can operate across the UK.
The role holder will:
- Work as a two man team, carrying out excavation and reinstatement works, slab and blockpaviors
- Ensuring all work is undertaken in a safe and proper manner and in accordance with legislation and contract requirements
- Be competent in all aspects of civils activities working around utilities but with particular attention to working around electrical services
- Casting sub-station bases for various utility companies
- Weekend work may be required on certain projects.
You will be:
- Previous experience and proven track record in a similar position in the utilities industry
- Ability to work on your own initiative and know when you must escalate
- Followed prescribed procedures which is key but critically, working safely is a must
- Be flexible in your approach to work and be able to work away when required
- A good knowledge of working in a construction role where you will be working in all types of environments in all weathers
- Hold an EUSR SHEA certification
- Hold NPORS or similar qualifications
- Hold a NRSWA ticket
- Hold a first aid certificate
- Full clean driving licence which ideally includes towing
- Experience and understanding of working near utilities
- A high regard and demonstrated competency for safe working, ensuring risk assessments are completed and the correct PPE is worn
- You will be able to use a smart device as a way of keeping detailed and accurate records of your work.
We offer an opportunity to work within a new framework contract working with a major DNO, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious plans for the future, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Connect It is the right place for you.
INTERESTED IN THIS VACANCY?
From Our Team
“Joining Connect It has been a great experience for me, there was a lot for me to learn but I was surrounded by people who wanted me to succeed in my new job role”