Connect It are a multi utilities organisation, based in Southampton who are focussed on growth for 2020 and beyond. Due to this growth we are looking to recruit Jointing Teams.
Working for our clients, you will install and commission electrical installations to their specific procedures on the LV, and if authorised, HV network. The ability to work on your own initiative, whilst following prescribed procedures is key but critically, working safely is a must.
So, what will you bring to the role?
- A proven track record in jointing or mating for a DNO operator, on new connections holding current authorisation to complete a full range of jointing (including live) activities (LV & ideally HV), including linking and fusing and installing substations (authorisation held by both Jointer and Mate)
- Be able to understand utility plans and designs and ensure these are updated
- A high regard and demonstrated competency for safe working, ensuring daily risk assessments are completed and the correct PPE is worn
- You’ll be an organised team with a ‘can do’ attitude, delivering top quality communication skills as you deal with the public and external clients alike
- With an eye for detail, you will be able to use a handheld smart device as a way of keeping and submitting detailed and accurate records of your work
- Have relevant practical Chapter 8 experience supported by a valid Street works (NRSWA) card (Jointer)
- Have experience of working outside in all weathers and around members of the public
- Hold a current Shea Power qualification (Jointer and Mate)
- Hold a full clean driving license (ideally with the ability to tow) (Jointer and Mate)
- Hold a first aid qualification (Jointer and Mate)
Look at our website to find out more about what we do www.cius.co.uk. It’s a move you won’t regret
We offer an opportunity to work within a new framework contract working with a major DNO, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
With ambitious plans for the future, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Connect It is the right place for you.
INTERESTED IN THIS VACANCY?
From Our Team
“Joining Connect It has been a great experience for me, there was a lot for me to learn but I was surrounded by people who wanted me to succeed in my new job role”