Overhead Lines Teams
Connect It are a multi utilities organisation, based in Southampton who are focussed on growth for 2020 and beyond. Following the sucessful award of a futher SSEN framework we are looking to recruit an Overhead Lines Team and Supervisor. These roles will be operational on sites across the South of England. We are recruiting for Overhead Lines Teams to join us working on our new framework with SSEN.
You’ll carry out construction and repair work of LV electrical plant and equipment from 11kV up to 33kV. You’ll also be responsible for the safety of yourself and colleagues, and act as ambassador for a strong safety culture in everything you do.
- To construct/maintain/replace overhead electrical networks up to 33kV – experience working with wooden poles is essential
- To carryout, continuously review hazards and risks associated with each project.
- To complete required project documentation.
- To work safely at all times and in line with Company and statutory safety requirements.
- To ensure that all work is carried out efficiently and in accordance with Company procedures and client/Company distribution safety rules.
- Install and construct overhead electricity networks to relevant construction standards and exacting quality standards.
- To highlight any concerns, unsafe conditions, or acts to your line manager.
- To work with team members and provide guidance to management on construction/safety issues.
- To interact with members of the public in a polite and courteous manner and be able to problem-solve to get to customer focussed solutions.
Who are looking for:
- A team player that is enthusiastic and willing to participate and deliver great work for our customer
- Ideally current DNO authorisations (Live LV Working, Work on Dead Networks, Receive Safety Documents, LV Switching and Linking, Substation Access)
- IPAF accreditation
- A full driving licence
- NRSWA Operative
- NPTC Chainsaw qualification
- Ability to use tablet devices
We offer an opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious plans for the future, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Connect It is the right place for you.
INTERESTED IN THIS VACANCY?
From Our Team
“Joining Connect It has been a great experience for me, there was a lot for me to learn but I was surrounded by people who wanted me to succeed in my new job role”