Keen to keep the wheels moving for our operational teams? We are looking to recruit a further Service Engineer to work alongside our current Engineer at our newly fitted workshop based at our 40,000 sq ft Head Office and Distribution centre in Hedge End.
Our business continues to grow, following the successful contract awards from SSEN as well as national developers, supported by an increasing fleet of cars, LCV’s HGV’s and plant assets.
To enable us to maintain an efficient service, with excellent vehicle availability for our business, we are looking to expand our Transport team with a fully qualified and experienced service engineer, with a strong focus on safety, who can hit the ground running.
The role holder will:
- Responsible for the service, maintenance and repairs to our fleet of vehicles, including cars, LCV’s, HGV’s and plant
- Support a predictive and preventative approach to maintenance to support optimum vehicle availability
- Identify faults and provide timely, cost effective resolution
- Liaising with external providers in respect of work unable to be completed in-house, including warranty work
- Installation of trackers and other ancillary items to support an efficient business
- Working out of our new workshop much of the time, there may be a requirement to travel to provide an on-site rapid response
- The electronic recording of accurate, timely and detailed information of all work completed using a handheld device
- Adopting a no-compromise approach to Health & Safety with safe working practices embedded
- Seen as a role model for vehicle and driver safety through education of drivers and identification of further opportunities to improve
- Maintaining appropriate stock levels of parts in the workshop
- To carry out risk assessments and maintain safe working practices
- Report hazards and defects that are not able to be rectified in house
- Keep up to date with best practice working processes and methods.
Qualification, Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years’ working in a workshop as a motor mechanic/vehicle or plant technician
- City & Guilds NVQ 2, or equivalent mechanical qualification
- Experienced in fault finding and resolution
- A no compromise approach to Health & Safety embedded in working practices and behaviours
- Familiar with recording word using handheld mobile equipment
- Full, clean driving licence. Class 1 licence, with valid DCPC preferred
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- A can do attitude, with a flexible approach to working hours, in line with business needs
- Good communication skills.
We are looking to fill this role now to join us and hit the ground running, so if you have the right experience and skills please contact us!
We offer an opportunity to work within a new framework contract working with a major DNO, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
With ambitious plans for the future, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented, and enthusiastic, Connect It is the right place for you.
INTERESTED IN THIS VACANCY?
From Our Team
“Joining Connect It has been a great experience for me, there was a lot for me to learn but I was surrounded by people who wanted me to succeed in my new job role”