Are you passionate about safety, health, environment and quality? We are too which is why are looking to increase our SHEQ team to support the business following our move to our 40,000 sq ft Head Office and Distribution centre in Hedge End and the continued growth of our business following successful contract awards from large DNO organisation as well as national developers. We want to ensure safe outcomes for our people and therefore our business and are looking to recruit a new role of SHEQ Manager to be based at our Head Office and also provide assurance across our work sites.
Ideally, you will be an experienced and credible SHEQ Manager, who has experience in working in the multi-utilities industry with a strong focus on electrical safety, coupled with a SHEQ background that identifies as someone who is a role model in their field and is able to build on our strong safety culture.
The role holder will:
- Role modelling the right organisational behaviours that demonstrate a strong commitment to organisational safety performance that achieves safe outcomes
- Identify ways in which delivering safe outcomes and supporting the licence to stop is promoted
- Managing SHEQ compliance across the organisations offices and range of projects that ensure compliance with CDM requirements, providing documentation (CPP) and information relating to Safety, Health, Environment, Quality and Welfare activities within the company’s projects and premises
- Providing guidance as required to the business and its employees on occupational health, safety, welfare and well-being matters
- Undertaking audits, inspections and tours to monitor SHEQ performance, including auditing the auditors to ensure performance levels are met and exceeded.
- Manage Non-Conformance Register and allocated actions.
- Monitoring and reporting back on the organisations SHEQ targets and objectives through SHEQ Management Review
- Meetings and other communications methods
- Investigating accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences to identify root cause and recommend preventative action
- Develop action plans to ensure learnings are implemented
- Collating information on injuries and damage, and near misses and produce monthly statistics, assessing accident trends and advise the business on overall safety performance, including briefings to on site colleagues and actions thereafter as appropriate
- Managing and supporting SHEQ Advisors to ensure on site audits cover the relevant areas including coaching and wellbeing
- Conduct desktop analysis on submitted audit reports
- Supporting as required on the completion of the SHEQ aspects of tenders and completion of PQQ documentation as required
- Assess and evaluate completed PQQ documents submitted by contractors and suppliers and monitor to ensure data is accurate and valid
- Supporting the continuous improvement of the SHEQ management systems including the development of appropriate systems as we move to use salesforce tracking and insight systems.
- Managing and coordinating SHEQ critical documentation and attend client SHEQ meetings as required
- Develop and deliver training and development on relevant SHEQ activities
- Monitor legislative changes and advise the business on legal compliance (including updating the organisation legal register).
You will be:
- Nationally recognised SHEQ Qualifications CMIOSH, GIOSH (working towards Chartered) or TechIOSH
- Knowledge of ISO Management Systems
- 5 year SHEQ management experience
- Hands on approach with all teams on site, and a good communicator with ability to portray information at all levels
- Ideally an audit or inspection qualification
- Ideally strong experience in the installation and/or supervision of a range of utilities and civils services
- Excellent understanding of CDM regulations and experience of application.
- A good understanding of NRSWA processes
- Ability to role model desired safety behaviours
- Ability to use a range of IT systems (CRM and Microsoft) competently on a daily basis
- Clean driving licence essential as attendance to site is key and a vehicle will be provided for this.
We are looking for a SHEQ Manager to join us and hit the ground running, so if you have the right experience and skills please contact us!
We offer an opportunity to work within a new framework contract working with a major DNO, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
With ambitious plans for the future, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Connect It is the right place for you.
INTERESTED IN THIS VACANCY?
From Our Team
“Joining Connect It has been a great experience for me, there was a lot for me to learn but I was surrounded by people who wanted me to succeed in my new job role”