Project Managers - Power
We are in exciting times at Connect It after our very recent move to our new 40,000 sqft Head Office and Warehouse in Hedge End, Southampton and the return to work of our teams to continue to deliver great works to our customers. We are now looking for Project Managers who have experience of delivering new connections to a DNO client on a range of works, primarily on small to medium Small/medium and large housing schemes and commercial properties. Couple this with sound civils knowledge, delivering this work on the highway, you will need a full understanding of the complexities of working with a range of local authorities and in accordance with NRSWA legislation. Our multiple projects are based across Dorset/Hampshire/West Sussex/East Sussex/Somerset/Wiltshire. These are mobile roles and ideally candidates would be based within either the east, central or west of southern England.
The role will:
- Provide LV/HV underground and overhead connections up to 33kV works including all civils activities to our framework partner, ensuring that standards of delivery and health and safety on site are of the highest standard.
- Set teams to work using our internal software but most importantly ensuring works are ready and available to begin, monitored during delivery and completed to a high standard, to budget and timescale.
- Work closely with the Senior Contracts Manager, fellow Project Managers and Operations staff, to deliver a service to the highest standard in order to meet and ideally exceed the needs of our customers’, by providing advice and resolving site related issues in relation to multi utility works in a timely manner.
- Contribute to relevant processes to maintain and improve efficiencies including programming of work, work performance, materials and equipment deployment.
- Develop an excellent relationship with our customers on site, ensuring our great reputation is maintained and enhanced and liaise with relevant parties to achieve great results.
- Conduct site audits and inspections of the company’s operational staff and their activities and contribute to annual competency reviews. Ensure any competency gaps are identified and work with HR to put in place actions to resolve.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and specifications as required.
- Develop and manage a mentoring scheme and assist in managing and developing strong, cohesive teams.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong experience in the installation and/or supervision of a range of power activities i.e. LV/HV and up to 33kV works, having held DNO authorisations currently or in the past.
- Excellent understanding of CDM regulations and experience of application.
- A good understanding of the civils activities needed to support and deliver with our power works, overseeing team activity and oversight of NRSWA processes
- Extensive site based utilities experience with a proven track record of project managing several jobs/teams simultaneously.
- A good understanding of traffic management.
- Working with local authorities to arrange opening notices anf working permits.
- Ideally EUSR registration under the Utility Supervisor Scheme including Power or similar management qualification.
- A strong communicator with the ability to build effective stakeholder relationships, alongside developing strong operational delivery teams
- IOSH or similar health and safety qualification and ability to role model desired safety behaviours.
- Clean driving licence essential as attendance to site is key – a company car is provided.
We are looking for Managers to join us now to hit the ground running, so if you have the right experience and skills please contact us!
INTERESTED IN THIS VACANCY?
From Our Team
“Joining Connect It has been a great experience for me, there was a lot for me to learn but I was surrounded by people who wanted me to succeed in my new job role”