Do you want to work for a growing family owned multi utilities business?
At Connect It we are fully focused on delivering an exceptional multi utility service to our customers and have invested in teams and technology to ensure this is delivered. We are now looking to expand our Commercial team based in Hedge End, Southampton by recruiting a Quantity Surveyor.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing a wide range of contracts from Framework Agreements (mainly using NEC3 provisions) to individual projects using JCT and bespoke contracts (projects ranging from £10k to £1m+).
- Producing monthly reporting documentation including applications for payment, invoices and notification documentation as required.
- Conducting supply chain management duties, including procurement and post contract management to meet requirements.
- Producing forecasts, cash flows and debt accounts (including management of debt accounts to obtain debt recovery) and providing relevant insight.
- Ability to interpret drawings, specifications, contracts and programmes to ensure the business is aware of opportunities and risks.
- Attending site meetings as necessary to produce quotations that
- meet or exceed customer expectations.
What skills you will bring:
- A qualification to degree or HND level as a QS or gained within a Commercial management field (within a similar utility). For the right person this can be negotiable depending on experience.
- A good understanding of the utilities industry.
- Excellent financial/commercial acumen, coupled with a strong attention to detail.
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal/influencing and organisational skills
- Experience of using Microsoft suite, project management and financial software is a must.
- Full driving license.
- Ideally, previous use of Salesforce, QuickBooks or Boris software
- Above all a team player, with a sense of humour.
What are you waiting for? As a growing business we are looking for people to develop with us so you will be motivated to do this, alongside developing your own professional standing to chartered status. We offer a great package for the right person so apply today – its a decision you won’t regret. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
INTERESTED IN THIS VACANCY?
From Our Team
“Joining Connect It has been a great experience for me, there was a lot for me to learn but I was surrounded by people who wanted me to succeed in my new job role”