Street Lighting Operative
Do you want to work for a growing family owned multi utilities business?
Connect It are a multi utilities organisation, based in Southampton who are focussed on growth for 2020 and beyond. Due to this growth we are looking to recruit a Street Lighting Operative, who will be based in Southampton and be mobile and install new street light furniture on sites and residential locations across the South of England and also provide a maintenance service.
The role holder will:
- Receive allocated programme on a weekly basis and co-ordinate with Stores to ensure all materials are available for the works.
- Attend the Stores on a daily basis to collect plant and materials and return at the end of the day to remove waste and dispose of correctly and be ready to load the following day.
- Be able to excavate, when required, and ensure new columns are installed to the required standards. You may need to remove old column furniture as requested..
- Work with a hiab operator to correctly position new furniture.
- Understand the different types of customer specification to ensure all Installations of new lanterns are to the required standards.
- Record all relevant information from Telensa or Mayflower systems accurately, using internal field based tablet system and that this data is sent on a daily basis.
- Undertake defect repairs when advised by the Highway authorities and record completed works, again on the field based system.
- Communicate with the Project Manager on works progress and any issues.
You wil be:
- An experienced (4 yrs pls) and reliable street light operative with extensive site civils knowledge and a good understanding of street lighting activities.
- Have an appreciation of working near live utilities and the risks associated with this.
- Hold a current NRSWA card at Operative level
- CSCS or EUSR card.
- Great communicator (written and verbal)
- Full UK driving licence
- Able to work on your own when required.
We offer an opportunity to work with a growing organisation, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious plans for the future, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Connect It is the right place for you.
From Our Team
“Joining Connect It has been a great experience for me, there was a lot for me to learn but I was surrounded by people who wanted me to succeed in my new job role”