Job vacancy - Cable Jointing and Overhead Lines Teams
Whilst we do not have any current vacancies we are always interested to hear from experienced and authorised cable jointing and overhead lines teams who would like to stay in touch for when a vacancy should arise.
Job location: Various locations across the west, central and east areas of the south of England from Eastbourne to Yeovil and up to Basingstoke area
The role will be responsible for:
You will install and commission underground and over head power installations to their specific procedures on the LV upto 11kV and if authorised HV network. The ability to work on your own initiative, whilst following prescribed procedures is key but critically, working safely is a must.
Qualifications and experience:
What will you bring to the role?
- A proven track record in jointing or mating for a DNO operator, holding current categories of authorisation to complete a full range of jointing activities (LV & ideally HV), including linking and fusing.
- Be able to understand utility plans and designs and ensure these are updated
- A high regard and demonstrated competency for safe working, ensuring risk assessments are completed and the correct PPE is worn
- You’ll be an organised team with a ‘can do’ attitude, delivering top quality communication skills as you deal with the public and external clients alike
- With an eye for detail, you will be able to use a handheld smart device as a way of keeping detailed and accurate records of your work
- Have relevant experience and hold a valid Street works card
- Have experience of working outside in all weathers
- Hold full clean driving license
- Hold first aid qualification