Job vacancy - Civils Teams
Job location: Various Locations in the central and South East of England
The role will be responsible for:
We’re looking to recruit further Civil’s teams to support our existing civils projects across our DNO framework, Multi Utility work streams in the central and south of England and EV charger point works which can operate across central England. The roles will require a willingness to travel and for EV charger works, will involve staying away from home. Connect It are keen to recruit teams based particularly in Berkshire, Reading and Slough areas.
Working for the Civil’s Manager, you will:
- Work as a two man team, carrying out excavation and reinstatement works,
- Ensuring all work is undertaken in a safe and proper manner and in accordance with legislation (health and safety, NRSWA) and contract requirements.
- Be competent in all aspects of civils activities working around electrical, gas and water services.
- Casting sub-station bases or EV Charger point bases for various utility companies.
- Be competent in the management of plant and equipment, ensuring all required calibration, inspection and maintenance programmes are maintained and any defective items reported.
- Maintain your company vehicle to a high standard, ensuring safe driving at all times, with a high standard of maintenance, order and cleanliness.
- Use a field based app on a tablet to receive documents to start work and record the progress and completion of works.
- Work with customers, other contractors and the general public in a courteous manner, responding positively to questions as required.
Qualifications and experience:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience and proven track record in a similar position in the utilities industry
- Ability to work on your own initiative and know when you must escalate
- Followed prescribed procedures which is key but critically, working safely is a must.
- Be flexible in your approach to work and be able to work away when required
- Be based in the M3/M4 corridor – Hampshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire areas are ideal
- A good knowledge of working in an on site construction role where you will be working in all weathers
- Hold an EUSR SHEA certification,
- Hold NPORS excavator or digger ticket (or similar),
- Hold a NRSWA ticket (team leader)
- Hold a first aid certificate
- Full clean driving licence which ideally includes towing.
- Experience and understanding of working near utilities.
- A high regard and demonstrated competency for safe working, ensuring risk assessments are completed and the correct PPE is worn.
- You will be able to use a smart device as a way of keeping detailed and accurate records of your work.
Look at our website www.cius.co.uk to find out more about us. It’s a move you won’t regret