Job vacancy - Stores Assistants
This role will work in our warehouse picking utility items to help our on-site teams by ensuring items delivered into our warehouse or picked for on site delivery are accurate and handled and stored in a safe and secure way.
Job location: Foundation House, Hedge End, Southampton
The role will be responsible for:
The role holder will work as a team:
- To support the receipt of goods in, ensuring items are checked for completeness and items are stored within the centre safely and in a timely manner
- To develop product knowledge of gas, water and electric materials and equipment to ensure the correct items are picked.
- To ensure orders are processed efficiently for despatch and on time and that items collected are issued on our stockholding system.
- Assist with loading of delivery vehicles including trailers, taking into account loading restrictions and requirements
- Maintain housekeeping standards, ensuring that Health, Safety & Environmental procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Review stock levels, reporting any deficiencies or damage and take part in stocktakes as required.
- Deliver required parts to the operatives on time, using appropriate and efficient methods as required by the business.
- To ensure equipment and plant used is maintained in accordance with maintenance plans, reporting any damage or deficiencies
- Support with yard supervision to ensure safe working, acting as a banksman where required.
- Suggest ideas on improvements to processes and systems to allow for future efficiencies.
- Ensure waste items are disposed of safely including disposal by others
Qualifications and experience:
You will need
- Excellent communication and ability to work as a team
- Certification to use a combi forklift
- Have a good working knowledge of a Stores or warehouse environment ideally in a utilities business
- A good working knowledge of IT stock management systems
- A high degree of flexibility
- Warehouse/site health & safety knowledge
- Have a full clean UK driving licence as you may be required to deliver on-site
We offer a standard 50 hour working week, Monday to Friday and good rates of pay.
Do you meet our requirements? If so get in contact!