Connect It are a multi utilities organisation, based in Southampton who are focussed on growth for 2020 and beyond. Due to this growth we are looking to recruit a Site Estimator, who will be mobile and assess sites across the South of England.
The role holder will:
- Receive an assessed quotation scope and then provide a complete pre construction assessment service to ensure all factors have been comprehensively assessed, to specification that meets everyone’s and, above all, the customers’ expectations.
- Ensure that the quotation content is appropriate and robust to the task required and if necessary, provide additional options that enable information and choice to the customer, as well as delivering compliant, quality work and safe outcomes.
- Time will be key as we have time obligations under the agreed terms of the Contract.
- Competently review drawings, documents, specifications and scopes as needed, to ensure any constraints or risks have been identified.
- Identify any potential delays (and advise of mitigation methods) not already accounted for and/or identify alternative methodologies/sequences that improve project delivery
- Communicate with the commercial team to ensure the scope post site survey achieves the framework obligations and ensures the businesses objectives will be met
- Working as a team, regularly communicate with internal and external key stakeholders and third parties to establish optimum, compliant delivery as needed.
- Submit a site report, using Boris/Salesforce that provides the Company with enough information to respond on a quotation.
- Provide regular updates as required by the Framework Project Manager i.e. information obtained during site visit, recommendations and actions, number of site visits attended within the time frame required.
- Be an ambassador of the Company and promote the company on site, with members of the public and at meetings.
- Provide full life-cycle technical support where needed.
- Coach, support and develop other colleagues to ensure knowledge is shared and others growth.
You will be:
- An experienced (10 yrs pls) and reliable engineer with extensive site civils knowledge and a good understanding of, and appreciation and experience in, delivering jointing/overhead lines electrical connection works.
- Able to maintain technical/practical knowledge to ensure the latest procedures, innovations or new ways of working are built into the role to ensure efficiencies are identified and continuous improvement delivered.
- Ideally have CDM knowledge
- Ideally have a working knowledge of the NEC Contract
- Good working knowledge in Salesforce and MS Office
- Great communicator (written and verbal)
- Full UK driving licence
- Degree/HNC qualified or equivalent
We offer an opportunity to work within a new framework contract working with a major DNO, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious plans for the future, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Connect It is the right place for you.
INTERESTED IN THIS VACANCY?
From Our Team
“Joining Connect It has been a great experience for me, there was a lot for me to learn but I was surrounded by people who wanted me to succeed in my new job role”